Behavioural Change Course for Highways Engineers (one day)
£129 for Road Safety GB Academy members (plus VAT)
£189 for non-members (plus VAT)
Scroll to the foot of the page for current course dates and venues.
The Academy has recently been accepted as an Approved Training Provider to the Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
As a result, a new one-day Behavioural Change Course aimed at the highways engineering profession has been developed, which will satisfy the CPD needs of highway engineers.
Background to course
This course is essential CPD learning for civil highway engineers, urban planners and other related disciplines around the development of infrastructure that will impact on the safety of road users. It will provide them with a wider understanding of the relationship between the built environment and the ‘road user’, enabling them to explore, design and implement infrastructure that will take into account the limitations of the ‘human’ in the system.
The course will explore:
- A wide range of behavioural change models and theories that will develop a participant's understanding of the complexity of human behaviour.
- How to apply models and theories to the development of road safety interventions.
- How people make decisions and how these can be influenced by the physical and social environment.
Who should attend this course?
This course is essential learning for highways engineers and students undertaking civil highway engineering, urban planning training and other related education and training courses that will involve the improvement of road safety.
For more information and/or to have a one-to-one discussion about the content of the course please contact:
Dates for the course
8 June 2021
Delivered online via Zoom*
Book this course
Invoicing, payment & cancellation
- Delegate fees are due payable upon booking unless a valid Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- For online bookings paid at the time of booking, invoices/receipts will be issued electronically on completion of the booking.
- Please issue Purchase Orders to 'Road Safety GB International’ and forward via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invoices will be issued and sent via email and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or no later than one working day prior to the start of the course, whichever date occurs soonest (the“due date”).
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, credit/debit card or BACS, using the details on the invoice.
- For more information please contact Sally Bartrum by email or on 01379 650112.
Course booking terms, conditions and cancellation policy (PDF download)
Zoom is a leading on-line training platform which offers a wide range of interactive tools to enhance the learning experience. One key advantage is that Zoom easily facilitates group based discussion, increasing the interaction between participants. For this reason Road Safety GB prefers to use Zoom when possible. While some organisations do not allow their employees to have the full version of the Zoom software installed on their computers, this does not always mean that a participant cannot access an online event via their browser, We therefore recommend that anyone who is concerned about their ability to access an event on Zoom speaks directly to their IT provider to identify if they allow browser access.