£115 for RSGB Academy members (plus VAT)
£175 for non-members (plus VAT)
Course booking terms, conditions and cancellation policy (PDF download)
To develop a road safety practitioner’s skills to deliver an effective and engaging road safety intervention to primary school children.
To develop a road safety practitioner’s:
• Ability to plan and deliver quality learning opportunities for primary aged children.
• Understanding of the characteristics of effective teaching and learning in early years, key stages 1 and 2.
• Understanding of how to involve and engage all pupils through high levels of interaction and appropriate questioning, modelling and explanations.
• Understanding of how to enable pupils, wherever possible, to take ownership of their own learning through the use of encouragement and appropriate praise.
• Ability to ensure activities are well focused.
• Ability to evaluate a primary school session.
Who should attend?
Any road safety professional who is about to, or is delivering, in a primary school setting. The course is about approaches to learning and teaching and is not meant to be specific to road safety – it is about how to teach and promote learning rather than what to teach.
Course dates and venues
18 January 2018
Markham Vale, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Hosted by Road Safety GB Academy in partnership with Derbyshire County Council
Book this course