£115 for RSGB Academy members (plus VAT)
£175 for non-members (plus VAT)
Course booking terms, conditions and cancellation policy (PDF download)
To develop a road safety practitioner’s skills to deliver an effective and engaging road safety intervention to primary school children.
To develop a road safety practitioner’s:
• Ability to plan and deliver quality learning opportunities for primary aged children.
• Understanding of the characteristics of effective teaching and learning in early years, key stages 1 and 2.
• Understanding of how to involve and engage all pupils through high levels of interaction and appropriate questioning, modelling and explanations.
• Understanding of how to enable pupils, wherever possible, to take ownership of their own learning through the use of encouragement and appropriate praise.
• Ability to ensure activities are well focused.
• Ability to evaluate a primary school session.
Who should attend?
Any road safety professional who is about to, or is delivering, in a primary school setting. The course is about approaches to learning and teaching and is not meant to be specific to road safety – it is about how to teach and promote learning rather than what to teach.
Course dates and venues
23 October 2020
Delivered via Zoom*
Course fully subscribed – no further availability
Zoom is a leading on-line training platform which offers a wide range of interactive tools to enhance the learning experience. One key advantage is that Zoom easily facilitates group based discussion, increasing the interaction between participants. For this reason Road Safety GB prefers to use Zoom when possible. While some organisations do not allow their employees to have the full version of the Zoom software installed on their computers, this does not always mean that a participant cannot access an online event via their browser, We therefore recommend that anyone who is concerned about their ability to access an event on Zoom speaks directly to their IT provider to identify if they allow browser access.