£115 for RSGB Academy members (plus VAT)
£175 for non-members (plus VAT)
Course booking terms, conditions and cancellation policy (PDF download)
To develop a road safety practitioner’s skills to deliver an effective and engaging road safety intervention to primary school children.
To develop a road safety practitioner’s:
• Ability to plan and deliver quality learning opportunities for primary aged children.
• Understanding of the characteristics of effective teaching and learning in early years, key stages 1 and 2.
• Understanding of how to involve and engage all pupils through high levels of interaction and appropriate questioning, modelling and explanations.
• Understanding of how to enable pupils, wherever possible, to take ownership of their own learning through the use of encouragement and appropriate praise.
• Ability to ensure activities are well focused.
• Ability to evaluate a primary school session.
Who should attend?
Any road safety professional who is about to, or is delivering, in a primary school setting. The course is about approaches to learning and teaching and is not meant to be specific to road safety – it is about how to teach and promote learning rather than what to teach.
Course dates and venues
16 August 2018
Hosted by Kent County Council’s Road Safety Team • Aylesford, Kent
This course is fully subscribed – no further availability